Friday, September 29, 2006

Hi All!

Hi Bonne Marie, and everyone!

I think this KAL is a great idea, as I really love this pattern and I just finished my first KAL for the Simple Knitted Bodice.

I decided even though I have Christmas gifts to make (just a few left - yay) and some UFOs, I am going to get started on this pattern now anyway. I'm considering using Brooks Farm Riatta, which I posted about on my blog and I swatched it tonight.


82906 003

I LOVE the pattern - you can see it better if you zoom in on the picture. I didn't realize just how pretty it was until I swatched it up. My only concern with this yarn is that it feels a little stiff (not real drape-y) when swatched to this gauge - I would classify it as heavy worsted. I am a loose knitter so I got gauge on Addi size 5s (probably would be 6s if I used bamboos, but I like doing lace on Addis.)

Any feedback on this?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonne Marie said...

That yarn is so seductive - the color - the sheen (I saw it skeined on you site).

Did you wash the swatch? Mine got really soft and more manegable after I dunked it.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I didn't wash the swatch yet. I will do that and see if it behaves similarly. Otherwise will probably swatch up my Kid Classic that I was going to use for Aelf (from Rowan 40).

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home