Monday, November 06, 2006

Sleeves Halfway Done!

I was going to be clever and make the sleeves simultaneously using the Magic Loop method, but I got all twisted up and confused and the lace pattern wasn't working correctly. It was a mess.
I can do two socks with the Magic Loop. And I've done 2 sleeves. This time it didn't work so I ripped out and put each sleeve on a Loop.
I then tied a 2" x 3" mail tag to each one so I can keep track of my increases and decreases.
Ahhhh....much better.
I'm almost to the part where I attach the sleeves to the body! Yaaaaay!
I'm also working on another sweater with sleeves knit in the round and...well...I really hate it.
Takes waaaaay too long. You'd think that knitting sleeves in the round wouldn't take so long, but damn.
When I do my Ariann, I'm knitting the sleeves flat (both at the same time on a circular) and just dealing with mattress stitching the seams.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonne Marie said...

OMG! I feel your pain! I am always agonizing about this - the bottom line for has become I prefer to knit them flat, then mattress stitch them before the yoke join.

I always add 2 stitches for the seam allowance...

best to you :)

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home