Friday, October 20, 2006

Sleeves on two circular needles

I really don't like knitting with DPNs, so I use the two circular needle method for anything that's knit in the round. A while ago I knit two socks on two circular needles, and I wanted to try that for these sleeves. Here are the first four rounds.

I like this technique a lot: it's fun to see both sleeves progress at the same time, and it ensures that both are the same length since they're being knit together. It can be a little tricky to set up, and the first few rows are confusing. But once it gets going, somehow it feels like it's quicker than knitting each sleeve separately. Instructions (for socks, but can easily be used for sleeves too) are here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

That's really a great idea and I'm sure makes the whole thing go smoother. I would do it too if I didn't loathe having multiple balls of yarn on my needles.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Lyn said...

I did both the sleeves that way, as I always knit socks that way, and it worked beautifully.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home