Sunday, October 15, 2006

Help!

Hi everyone -
I finally cast on for Ariann over the weekend; wasn't able to do much knitting so am feeling a little out of sorts.

Here's my progress pic
101506 003

and a semi-urgent question:

I am currently working on the last row of the "Establish Eyelet Pattern" section for the size 35.5. I did Row 1 and Row 2 a total of six times (once and then the 2 repeats) and am currently working on Row 2 as it says to do Row 2 once, after the Row 1-Row 2 repeats. My question is - should I be following this literally, creating a purl ridge on the right side? And then what do I do on the following row? The Row 2 pattern again, creating a garter ridge? I haven't seen this question posted and have tried zooming in on the pics posted to see if this is what ppl are doing, but here's my close up of what it's looking like mid-row. Before I go any further, I'll wait to hear from "you-all"!
101506 004

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

OK, thanks. I think that addresses it.

I guess my confusion is with the direction to "Repeat last 2 rows 2 times then Row 2 once". Isn't Row 2 always a WS purl row?

Row 1 would be a RS knit (lace) row, then Row 2 is a WS purl row, then repeating it twice is getting you to a RS, then WS, then RS, then WS row (finishing the "repeat last 2 rows 2 times" direction) and making the next row a RS row. However then you are supposed to repeat Row 2 once, but that is normally a WS purl row but it would seem to need to be worked on the RS? Does this make any sense?

Should I just ignore the direction to repeat Row 2 once, and unknit this row that I started, starting in on the next section instead?

4:29 PM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Hi all! That issue was corrected a couple of days after the initial pattern release - you should've gotten another link for the corrected line - if you don't have it, please email me: stashout@gmail.com

The words: "repeat Row 2 once" is not necessary and has been deleted from the pattern - so Robin you're right on - ignore that direction and continue :)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Thanks very much, Bonne Marie - I had redownloaded but must have saved the wrong version. I only have about 1/4 of a row to take out, so I'm glad I asked at this point instead of continuing!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home