Saturday, October 21, 2006

Try It On tubing

















So, here's Ariann today. I wanted to try out my new gadget, Try-It-On Tubing, which allows you to try your knitting on. The plastic tube (you can see it in the middle of the close-up) goes on the end of your needle, and then you can slide all the stitches, markers & all, on to the tube, which comes in 1 & 2 yard lengths. It stays very secure on the tip of the needle - I started out very gingerly, but then stopped worrying about it, and it worked great! When I had all the sts on the tube, it was hard to get it off the needle, so I don't think you have to worry about it popping off in mid-transfer. It made for a very easy and accurate try-on. Mine came from the maker:
www.machineknittingtodyefor.com
What a clever idea - I wish I'd thought of it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THat is so cool! Thanks for that link!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Very cool! So is it fitting well? :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger Lyn said...

It seems to be - hard to tell without the shoulders!

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home