Thursday, February 08, 2007

California Bound


Here is my cousin's Ariann knit by me - eleven balls of All Seasons Cotton in Mocha, US 4 & 5 needles.

I am going to be the 700th person to say this, and it certainly cannot be said enough, I love this pattern. Well-written, lots of lovely details, very flattering. Really.

The yarn was not my choice. She wanted a washable cotton in a chocolate color, and All Seasons was all I could really find. I think the yarn is too heavy for Ariann's gauge - as indicated by the fact I had to drop three needle sizes to get it, which I NEVER have to do. When I do knit this cardigan for myself, I think I will use Cascade 220. Can't beat the price and color selection.

I have really enjoyed watching the progress of everyone's Arianns. Thanks so much for contributing your experiences as they helped a bunch and thanks to Bonne Marie for such a great pattern.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Looks really nice! I am sure your cousin will love it. I agree on the All Seasons Cotton - that does seem heavy.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Your Ariann is gorgeous! What a lucky
woman your cousin is~ WOW!

Beautiful job -

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home