Saturday, September 30, 2006

hiya!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say hi & introduce myself. I'm Carole, aka strangelittlemama. I live in beautiful Albuquerque, NM, with my husband and two kids.
I am so excited about knitting this gorgeous sweater!!! I will probably start mine at the beginning of November, since I have GOT to finish a last-year's Christmas gift, and I'm also working on socks for Socktoberfest! I'm looking forward to watching you all get started, though.
I think I am going to use some yarn I have had in my stash since I started knitting. It's Paton's Classic Merino. I've become pretty yarn-snobby and don't usually knit with Paton's, but it's a pretty olive color, and it feels very soft. Has anyone else knit with this yarn? What is your experience with it?

Also, just so you know, I'm helping Bonne Marie run the KAL. Obviously, pattern questions are best directed to her, but I'm more than happy to help if you have any problems with posting, loading pictures, etc.
Ok, get knitting! ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

I have felt Patons Classic Merino, and it feels good. Haven't knit with it though.

Here's to finishing some stuff so you can knit on fun new projects guilt-free!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Hi Carole - I'm SO HAPPY you are hosting! I'm totally clueless with Blogger and am so relieved I can ask you questions - especially picture type things.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hi Carole!

I've found that uploading pics on Blogger is a nightmare (slow) - I've been MUCH happier since I started uploading everything to Flickr, then linking back.

I know on the other KAL I just participated in for the SKB, we were limited to using the "Small" size on Flickr when posting to the KAL. I usually use the Medium on my blog though. Just my $.02.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Eatsruns said...

It pills a bit but you get that with merino - I still love it!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home