Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Ariann is here!

I am happy to report that Ariann is finally finished and I believe this might be my best sweater.
First, I would like to thank Bonne Marie and you all for your encouragement to me!


Even though I've tried hard to pay attention to all of the details until every thing is done, I really enjoyed this project. She turns out well!

I once started all the body part over again. It was sad... I felt a setback rising often but I really wanted to complete this sweater so I could escape from giving up this project somehow...
The point I attentively worked was to adjust the size to one that I needed. It was quite hard to me. I blocked her carefully but I'm not sure that this sweater fits me nicely yet.

This weekend was spent working on Ariann. This project takes a very long time. It didn't work as planned. Yes, I put it aside for a while several times and re-work it later when I'm less frustrated with the project because I've busied myself in working. But I enjoyed working on Ariann so much. I've learnt a lot from this pattern.

The only change to the pattern I made to fit my taste and body was the length of body and needle size. I knit the pattern exactly as written, so I ended up with a shorter version. It's just about perfect sweater length for me.

It's been already high temperature here in California in the daytime.. Ariann seems to miss a golden opportunity for a debut.

7 Comments:

Blogger Holly Jo said...

WOW! I love the color! It looks fantastic - great work on your part. :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Koko said...

Thank you, holly jo! I love the color too. I was happy with this yarn whole my knitting time through. I couldn't say this project was easy but I'm now so satisfied with it.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Beate Knappe said...

sonya, thanks for visting my Blog and your verry kind Comment. Of course I love to swap and I sell my Art, but I do not have your eMail, so I have to do this here :-)

8:33 AM  
Blogger annmarie said...

I agree! That color is gorgeous! I chose a very neutral color, but I think that eye-popping green is a great choice. :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Ooh la LA! What is more glorious than a sunny spring day?

YOUR beautiful fresh green Ariann!

I salute you for your perseverance to get to the finish line - it looks marvelous!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Koko said...

Annmarie, thank you for a kind comment. It's fun to think about
colors, isn't it?
The yarn you are working with is so nice. I love it too! I really look forward to seeing your progress.


Bonne Marie, thank you for always being with me. I could thoroughly enjoy this project and also learn a lot from you and this KAL.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just lovely!!!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home