Thursday, October 05, 2006

By gosh, she swatched...




Well of course I would if the whole world is watching. I couldn't really finish Adriann and then complain she didn't fit and have Bonne-Marie ask if I swatched, now could I? But it's a cheaters swatch. I never made it to 10 cm in length, never cast off, and certainly never washed it to see if shrinkage or growth occured.

So I got gauge....and the sun came out so you can see the purple... and my model was unco-operative. Tonight I cast on. I will do the fronts and back separately rather than as one piece. I don't enjoy circular needles as I usually wedge my straight needle with my legs...I knit faster that way...and 188 stitches is way too many to fit on one needle. Then by the end the piece usually get heavy by the end and that also cramps my style.

2 Comments:

Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

Very pretty yarn. Your swatch is the same as mine. I um cast on about 24 stitches, knit for a bunch of rows and pulled out the ruler. I then ripped the whole works out and cast on the sweater.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

What fabulous pictures - so excited by the color of your Swatch as well - sqweeeee!

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home