Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Introducing moi to the KAL


This is my first KAL. I'm usually too slow to join and the KAL closes before I make it. Anyhoo I am planning to make Ariann with a non-listed yarn from my stash. It's called Merlin Camelot by Louet Sales. It is 70% merino and 30% linen. It's purple and black wool wraped with grey linen (you can't tell as it is another grey michigan day). The linen should drape nicely and the eyelets should be crisp (at least that is what I am imagining in my head). I think the gauge will be similar but I can't swatch until I finish my present project (Eva) which is using my 4.5mm needles. I have about 2 hrs knitting to go on Eva so I (fingers crossed) hope to swatch tonight and then join in the fun. If it doesn't work I have some Kid Classic (crushed velvet) in my stash as well. I'd really like to see how the mohair looks with the pattern before I'd use it though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

Oooh, merino and linen.. That sounds nice. I bet that will look and feel great! Hope you get to join in soon :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Iris said...

This is my first KAL too. Even so, I have used Bonne Marie's pattern before and they are so much fun to knit. I think we pick a great KAL to use for our first one. I love merino, never used a blend of merino and linen before, how is it?
I have some Irish Linen and it was kind of hard to use, until you wash the finish project. Then it just gets really soft.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

I soooooo want some of that Kid Classic Crushed Velvet - Santa RU listening???? ;p

It would look really gorgeous in this pattern...

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home