Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Swatched and Washed


Hello!
This is the swatch for Ariann in the beautiful Wood Rose Heather yarn from Beaverslide Farm. This wool is so soft and yet holds its shape well. I have knit with it before and can't wait to get started. The last sweater I made with this yarn bloomed so much after washing that it now fits my husband. You can bet I made sure to wash this swatch and that the gauge was perfect! The man just wouldn't look good in a pink lace cardigan. Thank goodness the last sweater was unisex and a deep cranberry heather.
It might be awhile before I can get started as we're leaving for Boston on the 17th (and Rhinebeck! YAY!). Not sure my brain could handle travel and Ariann, too. There won't be much down time and easy knitting may be best. As soon as I can start I'll let everyone know. Thanks Bonne Marie for another great pattern. Your designs are the sweaters I wear most often.

Margene

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Oh Margene - thank you for the lovely compliment! Your swatch is fabulous - I can't wait to see it en pattern.

And RHINEBECK is almost here - I am so jealous that you are going - one of these autumns I'll be there but will just *ride along* with you if you don't mind. Hee.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Lovely color!

Totally wishing I could be at Rhinebeck!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home