Thursday, October 05, 2006

Trying to decide on a yarn... HELP!

Ok, I'm very close to starting my Ariann, but I need some help with my yarn choice. I have several suitable yarns in my stash, but am having trouble narrowing it down. Here are the choices:

1) Malabrigo in Geranio. You can scroll down to see the color in the link. Now, this yarn is gorgeous, and soft, but maybe too soft for the this project? I'm also wondering if I'll be able to make gauge, as it's supposed to be worsted, but is defintely more an aran/bulky when knitted up.

2) Cascade 220 Quattro in colorway 9437. I know I'll make gauge with this, but will a marl yarn obscure the pattern? Perhaps.

3) Cascade 220 in a lavender heather. I'm thinking this would make gauge and show off the pattern.

Thoughts?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kucki68 said...

Lavender sounds great!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Lyn said...

I think you're right about the Malabrigo - as beautiful as it is, it seems too bulky for a sweater this feminine. The pattern's pretty simple, so the Quatro might work, though the lavender heather sounds perfect - I guess you need a swatch!

8:09 AM  
Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

I have to vote with the others for the lavender cascade. But as Lyn said, you could do a swatch in the pattern and see how the quatro does with it.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home