Sunday, October 01, 2006

Progress so far

Well, I started out at a pretty good clip. I had a beautiful taupe shade of Selkirk in my stash that has been simmering for almost a year for the right sweater. The minute I saw this design, I knew it was perfect and I got the sweater cast on by Friday. I didn't have to work as I had appts., but this still gave me more time than usual to knit. Saturday, I completed the body. You will notice that it is 13 1/2" and I have not done the armhole bind-off yet. As I didn't have anyone around to assist me in measuring, I can't be sure if that is the right length or if I want to add a few more rows, so the actual completion will occur this week.

Then, it was on to the sleeve where my troubles began. First, I started on dpns which was so fiddly and frustrating that after I started the pattern rows, I frogged and started over only to realize that I didn't understand how to add the pattern into the increases. After support received from Bonne and Rosemary, I was able to start ONE MORE TIME, and this time, I think I got it right. This is so much fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

Looks faboo! I love your color, wow!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Which yarn is that? I like it!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home