Sunday, December 03, 2006

She's Beautiful


I finished my lovely alpaca Ariann and laid her out to block today. She might be the most beautiful thing I have ever made. I learned so much while making this cardigan. Unfortunately, I did not learn to double check that I have circled the numbers for the correct size until I finished weaving in the last end and slipped her on. I did wonder why I had two whole skeins of Misti Alpaca 4 ply worsted left over when I was pretty sure I had bought the correct amount.

I was quite intimidated by the raglan shaping, having never done it this way before. It turned out to be easy, and beautiful. With just a bit of attention to detail, I was able to match up the way the lines flowed into the faux seams . I am so pleased with the way it turned out!



Olive Ariann will shortly be gifted, and I will begin Ariann two as soon as I find some yummy chocolate brown alpaca to make her with. Thanks for creating such a lovely pattern Bonne Marie.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

What a beautiful color, it looks great!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

It's gorgeous!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

GLORIOUS! Congratulations not only on a most wonderful creation but you should be very proud of your mastery of the shaping. Well Done!

Thank you so much for writing about how you did it!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

It looks awesome!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Bear Knits said...

Congrats! Such a beautiful FO!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow its beautiful!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Ingrid Hendy said...

I love the colour it looks gorjuss....congradulations

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home