Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My First Sweater for ME!

I am a little late to the game in posting to this knitalong, but that's okay, right? I finished my Ariann last week (except for the buttons - it is held together with a pin in the picture), and I LOVE it.

I started mine before I read Bonne Marie's post saying that we should allow for two inches of ease. I based the size that I chose on my favorite sweater, which does not have any ease. I knit Ariann in the smallest size, which is my exact bust measurement. I am so pleased that I made it this way. I know that mine fits differently than almost all the others out there that I have seen, but since this is how I wear all my cardigans, I wouldn't have wanted it any bigger. Since I am tall (5'8") with long arms, I made my sweater longer in the body and the sleeves. This is the first sweater that I ever knit for myself, and I am not sure I can ever go back to store-bought sweaters with their sleeves and bodies that are always too short for me! Oh, and I used Ultra Alpaca, which makes this sweater so warm and cozy. I really couldn't be happier. (And thank you Holly Jo, for encouraging me to start Ariann!)

I will post another picture once I have the buttons. In the meantime, you can read about my endless Ariann ramblings here.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Martino said...

Congrats! It's a beauty!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

It looks fantastic! I haven't started mine yet, but I plan on knitting mine a size smaller than my bust size, so it will actually have negative ease. I never button my cardigans, and my two favorite cardigans are both this way.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I made mine exactly equal to my bust measurement and it looks like yours when it's not buttoned - I love it! It is pretty easy to adjust anyway with blocking (even though I was pretty worried before I blocked it as it looked so small.)

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad that I am not the only one who wanted to knit this small! I hadn't seen any like that, and the whole time that I was knitting it, I thought that maybe I was crazy. In the end, I am SO glad that I made it small. I am wearing it again today, and once more, I keep thinking how perfect it is. I never would have been so happy with it, if it was bigger.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted your picture! It really is beautiful!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Kristina! WOWIE WOWIE WOW!

Well done - it is wonderful!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home