Saturday, June 30, 2007

no new Ariann's?

There's been no posting for several months here and I've been wondering if anyone else hit a wall in their knitting. I'd finished the knitting of the body to the point of starting the sleeves and then knit a whole sleeve when I realized that I really didn't like the feel of the knitting. I'm using Cascade 220 and getting the recommended gauge, but I just don't care for the "mushy" feel of the knit. The pieces have been "marinating" in a bag for months now. I've decided to just bite the bullet, rip everything out, wash and reskein the yarn and begin again. This time, I'll knit at a somewhat firmer gauge and compensate by going up a size in the pattern. Here goes nothing...:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Someone showed me the Ariann pattern just last week, and I immediately bought the pattern and started up. I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca in Lobster Mix. I'll definitely check back in with my progress and post a pic when I'm done (hopefully by the end of July!). It was great to see the colors everyone else used. -Jackie

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mine is on the yoke-almost finished. I tried to finish it to wear in April to a conference, and got so sick of it that I have banished it to a closet. I will tackle finishing it soon. I have been thinking of Ariann recently.

2:23 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

an update: fending off the cat who thought I was ripping out the sweater just so he could leap at it, I ripped it out completely yesterday, reskeined the yarn, and it's now drying. I think I might leave this project for the fall at this point.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about a month since I started. I've just started the yoke shaping. I have promised to knit someone else a sweater by Sept. 14, so I'm working on Ariann once or twice a week, for about an hour each time, just to keep myself familiar with the stitch pattern. It'll be done in plenty of time to wear it when it gets cooler here in the Northeast.

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home