Thursday, October 26, 2006

On the collar...

click here
Click on the box to see the image (what am I doing wrong with blogger that it won't let me upload images?


but I am presently being swallowed alive by work which is cutting into my sleeping and more importantly my knitting time.

So I am now knitting the collar. I am not making a garter stitch collar but am continuing the rib pattern ...I'll add a few rows of garter stitch at the end to stop any rolling. I hope there is no major design reason why Bonne Marie used garter stitch that I won't find out until the garment is finished.

I am concerned by the size of the garment....well when blocked it should be fine as long as it holds its blocked shape....if not it will yet another too small sweater to add to my list of 'when I stop breast feeding and my chest returns to normal'.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lyn said...

It's lovely! Ours look exactly alike - both grey, and both at the same point of the collar, though I'm doing mine in garter, I like the way yours looks, too. I'm also thinking mine will fit better after blocking - it's alpaca (what's your yarn?) and I think the pattern will open up nicely if blocked out a bit.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Looks great! I'm also worried about the size, but I really don't think I am a 40 chest so I went with the 38. We'll see!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I stopped breastfeeding my chest never returned to normal :)

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home