Monday, December 04, 2006

Finished the Knitting on Ariann...

Finished the knitting on Ariann last night, except for the collar. Like everyone else has said, it is snug, but I'm taking encouragement from how much my swatch "grew" after washing it. It only measures like 31" right now and needs to measure 35.5 - I'm hoping that it will block out that much. If not, it's going to a good home, because no way in H&&& am I frogging it after all that lace! Plus the yarn is silk and mohair so I don't think it would frog well anyway. Going to do the collar tonight and maybe tomorrow night if I need two nights - then washing, blocking and sewing on buttons. Wish me luck!

12506

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color is just beautiful. Good luck :)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

You know, I think this eyelet pattern is a lot like ribbing - in its raw form, it's really scrunchy and skinny looking. The blocking really opens up and flattens the lace.

Can you immerse this fiber combo in water?

9:50 AM  
Blogger Ingrid Hendy said...

I'm sure it will block to the right size. I love the colour

10:05 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Thanks for the encouragement - I didn't finish the collar yet, but yes, this yarn can (and will) be immersed in water. The swatch I did in pattern really opened up after I immersed it in water, so I think everything will be fine and I was freaking out over nothing. Thanks again.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home