Monday, December 04, 2006

Question of the day

In the spirit of new stupid questions, what have people used as the cast on method? Despite, probably knowing better, I used the cable cast on, and it looks rather tight. This was what I was taught to use for sweaters, but I think that really applied only to the tight ribbing with flare look that appeared in the 80's and has hopefully died. This is an easy pattern to memorize and work on, so I don't mind ripping out the half of the body that I have knit. I am just questioning whether there would have been a better choice, or if it will block out and look fine. I know the chevron shaping is affecting the look at the moment too.

Any words of wisdom?
Janet

4 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

I used a long tail cast on for mine.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

I used a long tail as well. It is my default cast on

9:45 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I used the knitted cast on, which is my default. I think that's similar to cable cast on and mine looks fine.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Long tail cast on here too - this sweater truly benefits by blocking and I don't have any concerns with the edges.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home