Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Colour of Ariann v.1

I've spent the morning -- and I do mean morning because it's a little after 9am and I've been playing with this since I got up at 5:30am -- trying to get a good scanned image and nothing I do is working to my satisfaction. (Technology: Ain't it grand?)
So, I rolled on over to the Cascade website and grabbed their colourcard.
I'm using Cascade 220 Superwash #803. On my monitor the colour is looking more aubergine (eggplant) than deep purple.
Anyway, I'm on the 2nd waist increase and she's moving along quite nicely, though I did stop to begin working on a very simple garter stitch stole out of Prism Lite Stuff and Fern in the Storm colourway. (This is a kit that was a wonderful gift. Yes, I did go "Squeeeeee!" when I got it.)
So, is anyone else here knitting Ariann as a gift? If so, will you be doing one for yourself afterwards? I think I've decided that my Ariann is going to be black...or dark dark chocolate brown.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lyn said...

Who are you knitting it for? What a lovely gift - I'm being totally selfish and making it for me!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

OOH, I'm eyeing a bunch of skeins of CormoCross (Fox Hollow Farms) I got at my first Michigan Fiber Fest for the very same thing. There wasn't enough for a long sleeve sweater but yo'n behold, 3/4 sleeves are amongst us! :)

It is natural dark chocolat brown - and it has been languishing soooo long in the stash it's ridiculous. The Khaki Sample Ariann is not for me but I want one TOO ;p

BTW - you are an Angel Sister to make such a fine gift for Sis.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home