Thursday, October 05, 2006

Getting started

Well, here's my progress so far. I swatched in a similar manner to CrazyFiberLady and Saltwater purls , and I obviously am not as fast a knitter as most of y'all seem to be (*cough*Liz*cough)! I'm using the Peruvian Alpaca (Julie, are you going with that too?) and it's a joy to work with. I also just happened to put on CeCe this morning, so I thought I'd show y'all that, too. I used a ribbon, instead of a button, thinking I could change it to match different outfits. This is the 1st time I've ever posted a pic of my knitting online!


My husband's going out of town for the weekend, and I need to knit the 2nd sock of his b'day pair, so I doubt I'll get too much done.

I was looking at everyone's locations:
Iris - Germany!
Julie - Nashville, soon Charlotte
TLLGURL - LasVegas, baby
Carole - Albuquerque
Liz - Rochester
Rosemary - Oklahoma

I'm in Maryland, originally from Texas. Where's everyone else?

6 Comments:

Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

Nice to know I'm not alone in the minimalist swatching category :) That yarn looks great as does CeCe (someday I'll finish mine :)

I'm in NJ!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Ingrid Hendy said...

I like the ribon closure on Cece!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Your Cece looks wonderful!

I'm in No. California Bay Area.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Welcome Lyn! Bonne Marie from Chicago here - so cool that you've posted a sweater online! It is BEAUTIFUL! The ribbon closure is lovely -

Can't wait to see how the Peruvian Alpaca turns out -

8:46 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hi Lyn,
I'm Robin from Chicago - nice to meet you! CeCe looks GREAT!

Robin

10:25 AM  
Blogger Iris said...

Hey Lyn,
I love the ribbon closure, great idea. I live in Mannheim, Germany; however, I'm originally from Newburgh, NY. Evans, Georgia is home now. I’m just a gypsy at heart.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home