Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Lovin' Ariann

Hello All - Wendee here from Seattle. I can't remember when I've been this excited about a pattern! And monogamous - my other projects are languishing due to my obsession with Ariann! I'm using Rowan Kid Classic in color 853-Spruce. The color is a little early 1990's, but I'm seeing these greens and maroons popping up everywhere, so I guess the color scheme is coming back...



I have two questions -
1) Are there a total of 4 decreases or 5 decreases? I read it as a total of 5, but the picture looks like there are a few more stitches in the decrease area than I will have - 4 sts. between YO - 2 on either side of the marker. I'm working on a size 33.5 pattern.

2) My buttonhole looks SMALL! Granted, this is the first buttonhole I've made, but I think I'm doing it right. I used www.knittinghelp.com for instruction and it was pretty straightforward with the video. I'm going to back out of this buttonhole regardless as I didn't center it very well - too close to edge. Will a 4 st. buttonhole be too big? Has anyone else encountered this?

I can't wait to wear this sweater!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ingrid Hendy said...

Woot I have been waiting for someone to use kid classic. Some closeups sometime pretty please?

9:40 AM  
Blogger Wendee said...

Hi Saltwater Purls! I posted a close-up just for you on my blog: www.knittlesticks.blogspot.com. I see from your blog that you've got a whole mess of Kid Classic waiting to be knit up!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

I love that color. It was what I was looking for, until I settle for a wine color yarn.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home